Getting to Viitasaari
Viitasaari is situated in Central Finland, about 370 km north from the capital city Helsinki. It is best accessible by train and bus. The nearest train station is situated in Jyväskylä, about 110 km south from Viitasaari. There are several scheduled bus services from Jyväskylä to Viitasaari.
Train schedules available here. https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/frontpage
Bus schedules available here. http://www.matkahuolto.fi/en/
The nearest airport in July is in Kuopio about 200 km east from Viitasaari. There is no direct public transportation from Kuopio airport to Viitasaari. Most international flights arrive in Helsinki-Vantaa airport. There are some daily direct connections from the airport to Viitasaari, see bus schedules.
– Heart of Finland Booking Centre, 041 317 1676
– Aikon Kartano, 014 572 000
– Hotel Pihkuri, 020 7981 440
– Hännilänsalmi Camping, 014 572 550
– Miekkaniemi Bed & Breakfast, 050 382 5939 & 050 520 3739
– Wiikki Manor, 0405313277 (15 km north of the center)
In Viitasaari you can find many beautiful holiday home or summer cottage accommodations, especially if you have a car. For all options see the local tourist information office Lomaseutu.
Accommodation in Pihtipudas (by car 30 min / 38 km north of Viitasaari)
– Hotel Koto, +358 14 562 110, [email protected]
– Niemenharju Tourist, +358 20 786 6370, [email protected] (rooms, cottages, camping, caravan)
Accommodation in Kannonkoski
– Piispala, +358 207 694 300 (35 min / 40 km west of Viitasaari, own car necessary), in the middle of nature a huge number of different accommodation rooms from rooms to large cottages.
For more information about travel and accommodation, feel free to contact us by email info (at ) musiikinaika.org!
Viitasaari Areena, Urheilutie 9
Church, Kirkkotie 9
Theatre, Koulukuja 8
Parish Hall, Pappilantie 6
School Centre, Koulukuja 2
City Hall, Keskitie 10
Music School, Koulukuja 8
Festival office during the festival: Digikeskus / Lennätin, Keskitie 4